Re: desktop-base for etchr1

On Saturday 02 June 2007 09:46, Fathi Boudra wrote:
> desktop-base for etchr1 was rejected. BTW, this is just a call to SRM
> team to know if Martin is alone to think desktop-base must be rejected
> ?

IMHO, the endless requests for this are getting annoying. AFAIK changes of
this kind have _never_ been acceptable for stable releases.
Unless there is real, identifiable breakage (i.e. a newly installed KDE is
completely unusable for almost all users), this just does not qualify.
"It does not look as pretty as we'd liked" is not an argument. "The
package does not do what it is supposed to do" is not either if its
function is mainly cosmetic and the issue does not interfere with the
working of KDE.

I may have missed something, but I don't think I have seen any arguments
involving any real breakage.

Disclaimer: IANASRM

Cheers,
FJP