Re: read-edid

On Wed, May 30, 2007 at 11:47:35AM +0200, Holger Levsen wrote:
> the description of read-edid in stable says: "get-edid uses
> architecture-specific methods for querying the video hardware
> (real-mode x86 instructions on i386, Open Firmware device tree parsing on
> PowerMac) and is therefore only available for i386 and powerpc architectures."
>
> Unfortunatly powerpc support was added in the last NMU, where the description
> was also changed to what it is now, but
> http://unstable.buildd.net/buildd/Packages-arch-specific was not updated to
> reflect that.
>
> I wonder if+how this should be fixed in stable. Fix the description or
> Packages-arch-specific?

I think it would be better for our users if we modified P-a-s (and added
read-edid for PowerPC in the next stable release), but I don't know what
the arguments against doing so might be.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     Organized religion is a sham and a
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     crutch for weak-minded people who