Recommendations on timing of library transition builds?

xml-security-c is going through an upstream library transition, which
affects opensaml and shibboleth-sp.  I uploaded the new xml-security-c a
while back, but it's still not built on arm or sparc.  Should I wait until
it's built for all platforms before uploading the packages that will build
against the new version?  Is it breaking anything right now to have a
newer xml-security-c with a new SONAME in unstable without having opensaml
and shibboleth-sp rebuilt?

I have new releases of opensaml and shibboleth-sp waiting to go and am
just trying to figure out the timing of when I should upload them.