Re: [SRM] debootstrap from testing for Etch

On Sat, May 19, 2007 at 12:44:33AM +0200, Martin Zobel-Helas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu May 17, 2007 at 21:04:16 +0200, Frans Pop wrote:
> > Please consider accepting debootstrap from testing (0.3.3.3) for Etch.
> >
> > Reason is that the version of debootstrap in Etch currently does not
> > support installing lenny, which also means that Etch D-I cannot be used
> > to install lenny.
> >
> > The change in the package is trivial (one added symlink IIRC).
>
> Wouldn't this better warrant an upload to volatile.d.o?

I would have to disagree.  I keep my workstations on stable and like to
build chroots for stable, testing and unstable (in addition to pbuilder
chroots).  Not being able to build a testing chroot is a bit of a
hindrance.  I mean, sure I can install stable and upgrade, but that
makes scripting some things a bit tougher.  For example, it would be
nice to be able to have piuparts be able to build a lenny chroot
straight off.

Though, I think the D-I issue is more important than the above.

Regards,

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sánchez