Re: [RFC, LONG] Proposal: DAK - automated migration of udebs

* 2007-05-16 12:33, Frans Pop wrote:
> Last year Fabio Tranchitella did a python rewrite of britney. The last
> open issue AFAIK is the support for automated migration of udebs from
> unstable to testing. This has been discussed before [1], but the subject
> got parked until after the release of Etch.

To say the truth, automated migration of udebs isn't the last open issue:
before my code can replace the original one, we need to do enough tests
(and write unit tests, too) to feel comfortable with it.

> Changes in DAK
> --------------
> This proposal does not include proposals for technical implementation,
> just the concept. Fabio is better placed to propose possible technical
> implementations.

I think we could discuss the technical details at Debconf, if the
interested developers will attend. In general, I like the proposal and it
isn't really different from what we already discussed several months ago.

Regards,

--
Fabio Tranchitella                         http://www.kobold.it
Free Software Developer and Consultant     http://www.tranchitella.it