Re: please schedule binNMU of oprofile on every arch

Package: oprofile
Severity: important

On Sun, May 13, 2007 at 03:23:46PM +0200, Pierre Habouzit wrote:
>   The move of the toolchain to GNU_HASH style broke opreport and
> friends. A simple rebuild is enough to make it support the "new way".

  Binutils are now able (with the last gcc as well) to produce binaries
using --hash-style=gnu. The current oprofile does not understand such
binaries yet, and needs a rebuild to do so (it's sufficient).

  Though, Steve thinks (and I agree) that it would be better to make a
new sourceful upload with a version depends upon binutils, version
2.17cvs20070426-6 should do.

·O·  Pierre Habouzit