Re: rdesktop update needed in etch

Hi Raphael,

On Thu, 2007-04-26 at 15:21 +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=rdesktop;dist=stable
> with #418098 and following, rdesktop doesn't work on etch.
 Yes, I know this, may not work for Sarge even when the same security
fix is released for it.

> Given the number of users bitten by this, we really must prepare an update
> for etch. But I haven't seen anything yet. Laszlo, what's up? Please
> prepare a fixed package for stable-proposed-updates.
 Hmmm. Strange, even the fix for Sarge was discussed here, on -project.
Updated package for Etch is already uploaded, only waiting for
ftp-master approval[1]. I have the updated package also for Sarge, but I
wait for the fixed X11 packages to build with.

> PS: BTW, the bug is fixed in sid but the bugs have not been closed. You
> should version-close them properly now.
 First it was a proposed fix only, package uploaded for testing, but not
closed the bug. Then Steve merged the Etch and Sid bugs, and I have left
it as-is. Will version-close somewhen soon.

Cheers,
Laszlo/GCS
[1] http://ftp-master.debian.org/proposed-updates.html