Re: perl plans for the lenny cycle

On Thu, Apr 12, 2007 at 10:14:18PM +0200, Marc 'HE' Brockschmidt wrote:
>We would like to know which major upstream versions of perl are
>expected to be released in the next 24 months and how much time you
>expect them to need to get stable enough for a Debian stable release.

The current Perl release is 5.8.8, which shipped with etch.

In the next 24 months I would expect at least one 5.8.x release, which
should be a non-event excepting the possibility of arch-specific build
issues.

There is a possibility that 5.10 may surface in the interval, which
would require a staged transition for binary Perl modules similar to
what was done for 5.8.

--bod