Please consider a binNMU on reprepro due to libarchive transition.

Regarding #418637.

I've prepared a new release of deb-gview which Build-Depends on
libarchive-dev. libarchive1 has been replaced by libarchive2 in
unstable but I cannot find any ABI/API change as yet - I use deb-gview
and reprepro regularly (I suspect others would use the two together as
well) and when I recompiled deb-gview and reprepro against libarchive2,
both compiled and functioned perfectly.

I'm ready to make an upload of deb-gview and I'm wondering if a binNMU
of reprepro is worthwhile to allow deb-gview, libarchive2 and reprepro
to be installable together.

It does seem to be working around the problem in libarchive, rather
than fixing it, so I'm really asking whether a binNMU of reprepro is the
best solution to #418637.

--

Neil Williams