Re: [etch] initramfs-tools 0.85h

On Friday 13 April 2007 18:11, maximilian attems wrote:
> > I'm not sure that this version will even solve the issue as the
> > kernel/udev are currently just unable to load modules for devices on
> > a sparc sbus and HP bus.
>
> afair davem fixed that for sparc, irc that was one arg for 2.6.18

We tried dropping the manual loading of these modules for the installer
after we switched to 2.6.18, but that did not work, so we reverted it.

I think something is still missing in Etch, possibly some rules in udev
that ensure the triggers and sysfs stuff for sbus are actually acted on.

This has not yet been investigated any further AFAIK.