Re: texlive plans for the lenny cycle

>> Our current, very rough plans would mean a release in 18 months with some
>> padding in both directions, which would lead to a lenny release around
>> October 2008. We expect to shuffle this a bit around to fit everyone's
>> needs, so please tell us if this date works for you.
>
> Sounds like we can make it without too much problems. Of course it
> depends on when TL2008 is released.

If it isn't released by the end of January 2008, we can start packaging
snapshots and test them in experimental.  Then we'd be ready with any
Debian-specific changes as soon as 2008 is released, and already have
some testing of major changes.

I also expect that pdftex (the major moving component) will continue to
change only slowly and without any disruptive changes, even more so now
that luatex exists.

Regards, Frank
--
Dr. Frank Küster