Re: 64-bit transition deadline (Re: Etch in the hands of the Stable Release Managers)

On Monday 09 April 2007, Steve Langasek wrote:
you don't believe that software will continue to push forward our
> minimum hardware requirements, the way it has for the past decade or so?
> What do you think is the minimum memory required to run a "comfortable"
> desktop system (or workstation) today?  How does that compare to the
> minimum memory requirements at the time sarge was released?  woody?

lessened for KDE with respect to both woody and sarge: a pentium 2 333 Mhz
and 128 MiB RAM are about minimum for a workable KDE 3.5 (I have a pentium
2 333 Mhz, with 196 MiB running, it works just fine as a low-end
desktop-system)
--
Cheers, cobaco (aka Bart Cornelis)