Does wireless-tools bug #398018 need fixing before a release?

Hello,

There is a bug in wireless tools making it crash if you use a 64 bit
kernel with a 32 bit userland (#398018). The upstream author has offered
to release wireless-tools 28.2 containing just a fix for this bug. I
know it is very late, and maybe this is not an issue for the installer
at all. However, upstream thinks it is important, so let me know if you
want this fixed before the release.

      Guus Sliepen <guus@debian.org>
--- Begin Message ---
On Tue, Mar 27, 2007 at 08:37:38AM +0200, Guus Sliepen wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 26, 2007 at 04:49:31PM -0700, Jean Tourrilhes wrote:
>
> > 	With a little bit of help, I've finally fixed the issue of
> > crash in 'iwlist scan', see bug 398018.
> > 		http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=398018
> >
> > 	I've pushed a fix for that in 29-pre17. I'm also preparing a
> > fix for 28, and will release a version 28.2.
> > 	I just wanted to know if you are interested and how do we push
> > that into Debian...
>
> I am interested, but I'm afraid it's a bit too late for it to go in
> etch, unless the diff between 28 and 28.2 is really small and I can
> convince the debian-installer team.

	Sorry for the delay, I was in the hospital for the birth of my
second child.
	Well, the whole point of 28.2 is to minimise the changes. See
attached. I'll try to put in on my web site...

	Regards,

	Jean