Re: Solving the linux-2.6 firmware issue

On 01/08/07 17:47, Sam Morris wrote:
> On Mon, 08 Jan 2007 19:49:19 -0800, Jeff Carr wrote:
>>> Looks so. But we will have the most free kernel of all Linux
>>> distributions, aren't you happy?
>> No, this is misleading. Almost all add on computer products have on
>> chip proprietary firmware. All this does is reward the manufacturers
>> that hide the firmware on-chip. Worse, this often means that the least
>> expensive products (and often purchased) will not work with Debian.
>
> I think you missed Marco's intended irony there. ;)

Oh, sorry I guess so.

Since I'm looking closer at http://www.debian.org/vote/2006/vote_007 I
might as well ask if the tabulation was done correctly for the
Amendment requiring 3:1 majority.

It seems to me that out of the 300+ votes, only about 30 people didn't
vote in support of it. I'm wondering if the actual intent of the
debian developers was really captured here. I suppose this is a more
applicable question for debian-vote

Have a good day,
Jeff