Re: Solving the linux-2.6 firmware issue

On Sat, Jan 06, 2007 at 01:52:24PM -0800, Steve Langasek wrote:
> That's a big drawback.  Please change the *version* of the package instead
> of changing the source package *name*.

Not possible without another large round of testing. Our infrastracture
currently expects that the upstream part of the version remains
the same through the whole cycle. This information is for example used
to find all patches.

Bastian

--
... bacteriological warfare ... hard to believe we were once foolish
enough to play around with that.