Re: upstream bug fix for ivtv - options

On Sat, Jan 06, 2007 at 01:56:37PM +0000, Mark Purcell wrote:

> Upstream have released a bug fix patch for ivtv (attached), which takes the
> package from patch level 1 to 2. (0.8.2)

> This fixes handling of corrupt tveeprom and a busy waiting loop.

> This issues haven't been reported by debian users (yet)

> Shall I:
>
> 1.	Backport the patch to 0.8.1 and submit for inclusion in etch,
> 2.	Create the new upstream release (0.8.2) and submit to unstable and not seek
> inclusion in etch,
> 3.	Create the new upstream release (0.8.2) and submit to experimental, or
> 4.	Wait until etch is released and then submit to unstable

> The diff is pretty small.

I see no reason why you wouldn't just upload the new upstream version to
unstable, if you think these bugs should be fixed in etch.

But I also don't understand why these bugs should be considered "important"
to be let into etch?  Graceful handling of tveeproms isn't all that
important.  What's the importance of the busy waiting loop fix?