Re: Solving the linux-2.6 firmware issue

On Saturday 06 January 2007 12:24, Holger Levsen wrote:
> On Saturday 06 January 2007 05:27, Frans Pop wrote:
> > Did you check for packages that have a dependency or build dependency
> > on linux-2.6? They'd have to be re-uploaded too...
>
> for fai-kernels I'm aware and watching/waiting...

That is not really what I meant (I think)...

What I meant is that a name change for the source package to
"linux-2.6.18" means that any packages that now have a (build) dep on
"linux-2.6" will need to change that dependency (and again when, after the
release the kernel team switches back to linux-2.6).
This seems like work that should, if possible, be avoided.