Re: Please unblock kqemu, second try

On Thu, Jan 04, 2007 at 11:48:38AM +0100, Daniel Baumann wrote:
> Mike Hommey wrote:
> > Could you explain why qemu should add the device for something that is
> > remotely in relationship with it ?
>
> Remotely? I think qemu and kqemu are quite close.
>
> Besides that this is definitely off-topic here, I agree that a package
> in main should not make a compromise to support a package in non-free if
> it is bad for the package in main. However, that kqemu is in non-free
> should not be a reason against creating of just a device node in qemu.

  bah, the solution to your problem has been explained already: like
nvidia-kernel-common does for nvidia drivers, you should have a
kqemu-common package that holds the (currently only two, but maybe one
day that'll be more) package that holds the udev rule, the moprobe.d
file, and manages the symlink like Julien explained it.

  Then any kqemu-module-* package just have to depend upon it. That's
fairly simple, and let you use dpkg conffile handling without needing to
write a single maintainer script line.
--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit