mysql-connector-java: new upstream version

Hi,

the JDBC driver for MySQL in etch was outdated and incompatible with the MySQL
version we are shipping, leading to lots of serious or important bugs such as
#404153, #369379, #387382.  The Java packaging team decided it was best to
let the package in its current shape be dropped from etch.

However, a new version (5.0.4+dfsg-2) has been packaged and is in unstable. To
my knowledge, nothing depends on this package, it is only Suggested by
openoffice.org-base and jython. However it's a quite central and useful piece
of Java infrastructure, so it would be nice to have it in etch if possible.
Any chance of letting it through?

There have been numerous packaging changes, some necessitated by the new
upstream version, and others added because we didn't initially target etch
with this package.

mysql-connector-java (5.0.4+dfsg-2) unstable; urgency=low

  * Corrected the symlink `/usr/share/java/mysql.jar'. Thanks to Javier
    Kohen. (Closes: #404858)

 -- Marcus Better <marcus@better.se>  Fri, 29 Dec 2006 13:29:04 +0100

mysql-connector-java (5.0.4+dfsg-1) unstable; urgency=low

  * New upstream release. (Closes: #404153, #366808, #394878)
    - Supports MySQL 5. (Closes: #369379)
    - Fixes a character set mapping problem. (Closes: #387382)
  * debian/rules: Get rid of cdbs. Install `CHANGES' file in proper place.
  * The jar file is now named `mysql-connector-java.jar' instead of
    `mysql.jar'. Symlinks are provided for the old names for the time
    being.
  * debian/control:
    - Replace Build-Depends-Indep by Build-Depends.
    - Add missing dependency on ant-optional.
    - Add XS-Vcs-* fields.
  * debian/rules: Build with java-gcj-compat-dev instead of Kaffe.
  * Removed README.Debian since the information on supported JDK versions
    may be outdated.

 -- Marcus Better <marcus@better.se>  Fri, 22 Dec 2006 10:45:42 +0100

Regards,

Marcus