Re: Re: long term solution for flashplugin-nonfree in stable

> > The approach that is, in my opinion, closest to reality, is to maintain
> > flashplugin-nonfree in unstable, allow it to enter testing, keep
> > flashplugin-nonfree out of stable and oldstable, and maintain a working
> > package of flashplugin-nonfree for Debian stable at backports.org .
> > Then users of Debian stable can edit their sources.list once and then
> > forget about flashplugin-nonfree.
>
> That appears the least worst option.

 I agree, and I think most of "Users" don't know how to edit their
 sources.list...

> IMO we should concentrate on gnash and remove flashplugin-nonfree
> from the archive. We still have 6 months before a freeze, so it can be
> hopefully brought in shape by then.

 I don't want to remove flashplugin-nonfree, because many webpages that
 uses flash check its versions with javascript or/and actionscript.
 Can we deal with this with gnash?