Re: T&S 2 - Die^H^H^HRelease Harder

On sam, sep 29, 2007 at 02:23:44 +0000, Luk Claes wrote:
> So first, please continue to work on the RC bugs you already have, and
> select at least two RC bugs from our RC bug list and add them to your
> work list even if you did that already for part 1.

  I just provided a patch for 447369, and I'll follow and NMU if needed.

  Another workd I did is around the bug: 452074. qdbm has no LFS
support, and after discussing with upstream it's quite clear that if he
will continue to receive fixes, this issue cannot be fixed without a
major rework he's not willing to do. He issued a new library though,
quite alike to qdbm, named tokyocabinet, that I now package.

  qdbm has 3 rdeps in debian: bogofilter, hyperestraier and tracker.

  I've sent a patch to bogofilter, that has been merged upstream thanks
to Clint, and the last bogofilter builds a -tc variant. Some work will
be needed to urge people to export their old qdbm databases and import
them into tc ones, but bogofilter has all the tools to do that (bogodump
and friends).

  I also sent a patch for tracker: #452657, that make it use tokyo
cabinet databases, _and_ convert old qdbm ones on the fly. The idea is
to keep this patch in lenny, and drop qdbm support in lenny+1.

  Hyperestraier is from the same author than qdbm, and it uses it all
over the place. I've not contacted him about that yet, but I'm unlikely
to provide a patch. Though the same approach should work: have an
hyperstraier that works with tokyocabinet, and have conversions programs
to run on the indexes to convert them. The covnersion tools would need
to be supported for lenny, and dropped in lenny+1.

·O·  Pierre Habouzit