Re: ICU 3.8 (boost status)

Jay Berkenbilt wrote:
> Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org> wrote:
>
>> At long last, boost has cleared the jump, and you should feel free
>> to upload icu 3.8 now.  Sorry for the long wait.
>
> Great, thanks.  I've been monitoring it, so I knew it was close, and I
> understand that there are lots of factors.  I'll hopefully upload 3.8
> this weekend, time permitting, and will try to coordinate with my
> reverse dependencies to keep the transition as short as possible.

One of the reverse dependencies of ICU - pyicu - needs to be updated to
version 0.8 to support ICU 3.8, I'll do so as soon as ICU 3.8 is in
unstable - so there's no need to schedule it for a binNMU (it would also
fail to build as the name of icu's -dev package changed).

Cheers,

Bernd

--
Bernd Zeimetz