Re: py-asterisk REMOVED from testing

Julien BLACHE wrote:
Debian testing watch <noreply@henning.makholm.net> wrote:

Hi,

Hi

Could someone explain why py-asterisk and libasterisk-agi-perl got
pulled from testing due to security concerns in *asterisk* itself ?

Because asterisk maintainers apparantly aren't interesting in making sure stable and secure packages reach testing as this is already taking months and even before the release these packages were more than once in a very bad shape, I thought they wouldn't mind... I guess I was wrong, though I can still be convinced to remove all their packages from testing if I was right after all...

Both packages are libraries, for python and perl, to connect to the
asterisk manager, which can be local or remote. So there's no
dependency on asterisk itself whatsoever.

Please put those two packages back into testing.

Ok, purged removal hints for these two for now...

Please, pretty please can someone preferably more than one take care of the VOIP packages appropriately so removals of testing and release team wasting time on them is not necessary anymore, TIA!

Cheers

Luk