Re: request to remove dosemu-freedos from stable

On Sat, Oct 13, 2007 at 03:21:36PM +0200, Bart Martens wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-09-14 at 08:24 +0200, Mike Hommey wrote:
> > On Fri, Sep 14, 2007 at 08:11:07AM +0200, Bart Martens <bartm@knars.be> wrote:
> > > Please remove dosemu-freedos version 1:0.0.b9r5a-3 from Stable.
> > > http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=442208
> >
> > Isn't it simply possible to remove the rerror source and binary ?

If the maintainer wants to upload it to proposed-updates, that would be
fine from a release point of view. I don't know in how far the package
would still be usable though?

> Or move the package in Stable from contrib to non-free ?

This as well as removal from the archive can normally only happen by a
ftp-master during a point release on request of a release team member.

If possible removing only the source file and binary file is preferred.

Cheers

Luk