Re: [SRM] Removal of iceweasel-l10n-roa-es-val

On Sun, Sep 16, 2007 at 06:03:01PM +0200, Daniel Baumann wrote:
> > Sorry I don't see a good reason to remove this package.
> > Maybe it's useless, but what else?
> As said, it's existence is a problem. Jordi and Robert can explain it
> best if you need further information.

The problem is Debian distributing a very broken locale throughout
etch's life cycle. Broken as in "it slipped without us ever noticing",
and would be comparable to us including an English translation full of
spelling mistakes, say iceweasel-l10n-en-lolcatz.

Valencian users get confused about that package and instead of getting a
correct iceweasel translation, they get very broken grammar and
spelling.

The locale package is not official and never will be, it was taken by
mistake from mozilla's addons page.

I think the removal is quite a low-risk change, and it mimics what has
been done in unstable already.

Jordi
jordi@sindominio.net     jordi@debian.org     http://www.sindominio.net/