Re: [stable] kernel upload to p-u

Hi,

On Tuesday 11 September 2007 12:16, Luk Claes wrote:
> Bastian Blank wrote:
> > On Tue, Sep 11, 2007 at 11:20:35AM +0200, Luk Claes wrote:
> >> Can you please consider fixing #317258 again? It's only about PCI ID
> >> mappings that got lost while splitting the megaraid and megaraid_mbox
> >> drivers. At one point this bug got fixed, but it was reverted later on,
> >> no idea why?
> >
> > No part of this patch is in linux upstream. The relevant code sections
> > was not changed since .12. Please fix it there if it is a problem. We
> > don't carry any megaraid patches.
>
> Not anymore and no I'm not going to do your job as a maintainer by
> fixing it upstream... Any reason why you don't mention anything about
> not cooperating with upstream about this in the bugreport?

Me too thinks not fixing this bug in stable is a violation of the social
contract: "..our priorities are our users and free software...", not free
software alone.

Anyway, as I'm somehow still a member of the kernel-team ;-) I guess I could
work on the needed patch against the version for proposed updates, if there
is still time to do so.

Is there?

regards,
	Holger