Release goal

"Funnily enough, the only distributions I tend to refuse to touch are the 'technical' ones, so I've never run Debian, because as far as I'm concerned, the whole and only point of a distribution is to make it easy to install (so that I can then get to the part I care about, namely the kernel), so Debian or one of the 'compile everything by hand' ones simply weren't interesting to me." -- Linus Torvalds at http://www.apcmag.com/node/7012

So what about the following release goal: "Installing and using the distribution should be so easy that even Linus Torvalds can use it". ;)

Not that I seriously doubt that Debian did great improvements in this area, but maybe at another level ("marketing", "brainshare", ...) we are not there, yet.

(SCNR.)