Re: Stable repository ambiguous?

On Wed, Aug 22, 2007 at 07:45:42PM +0200, Roland Stigge wrote:

> I'd like to bring #439013 to your attention. Although I can't reproduce
> it on the first few shots, there seems to be some point to dia version
> 0.95.0-4.1 _and_ 0.94.0-17.1etch1 being in the archive, the latter
> version (in stable security, but being older than the stable version)
> causing the trouble in the bug.

> (If you think everything is fine, I will just close this bug.)

I don't see any evidence of this old package version on security.debian.org.
There's something strange in the user's apt-cache policy, though; where are
the priority lines for each of the configured apt sources?  Definitely looks
like local breakage to me.

Anyway, "apt-cache policy dia" would at least tell where the broken version
of dia is coming from.