Re: proposed release goal: DEBIAN/md5sums for all packages

Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
[ Assuming is not too late to proposed release goals of course ]

Hi, a long time ago we were wondering to have DEBIAN/md5sums generated
for all packages in the archive ... and we are still wondering!

Can we make it a release goal for lenny?

With more than 600 issues, it's a bit early to make it a release goal IMHO. Though making maintainers aware by upgrading the lintian check to a warning and discussion on debian-devel about which exceptions are warranted (and possible mass bug filing) will probably be a good idea to get the amount reduced rather fast...

Cheers

Luk