Re: flashplugin-nonfree 9.0.48.0.1etch1 for Stable

Steve Langasek wrote:
>> >flashplugin-nonfree is still unusable in stable :-(
>
>> >Remove the package from etch or upload a fixed version?
>> >I vote for the later.
>
>> So can you please either show that the fixed tarball would only have few
>> differences with the existing one or that the new version is tested
>> enough to be considered?
>
> Does this imply that non-free packages in stable are to be held to the same
> standard for change review by the SRMs as other stable updates, even when
> this means security fixes are not possible?

For Etch I'd recommend to lower the standards and allow a new version even
it's new upstream. With proprietary software you just can't expect the
comfort and maintainability of free software.

However, for sid and eventually Lenny we should really get rid of the
proprietary Flash ASAP. It'll lead to people using/testing/fixing gnash
and prevent the same maintenance nightmare all over again.

Cheers,
        Moritz