Re: Please ensure SVGATextMode < 1.9-18 does not enter the distro for amd64

On Sat, Jul 28, 2007 at 05:11:36AM +0930, Ron wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Looking at the build logs for the latest upload, I see that
> un-blacklisting this for amd64 means the svgatextmode_1.9-15
> release (in testing) has been successfully built for amd64 now.

It was actually build for stable, and uploaded to stable.

> I don't believe we should distribute that one though, since the
> 'warning: large integer implicitly truncated to unsigned type'
> is a sign that outb() is being called with the port and value
> parameters reversed.

This is something for the stable release team then.  They should
probably reject svgatextmode_1.9-15 for etch.

> If we can keep anything prior to 1.9-18 still blocked that would
> probably be wise.

I've set it to failed state in stable for now.  Maybe the release team
will consider an upload to proposed updates to fix it?

Kurt