Re: udeb migrations (was: please allow ltsp 5.0.8debian2 into testing)

On Monday 02 July 2007 22:09, Andreas Barth wrote:
> I assume the packages are in general in the right section, and treat
> them as such for quite some time.

Yes, that is fine for now.

However, after we'll have had a first D-I release you cannot do that in
all cases. As I've explained in my udeb handling proposal, migrations can
sometimes break a release even for packages in the first section. The two
sections are only a fairly rough subdivision.

Example: migrations for packages with libs in section 1 are generally
fine, except when there are ABI changes. Reason is of course the missing
dependency checking for udebs. As partman is most likely to have that
issue, we've listed that in the 2nd section, but the same goes for other
packages with libs.