udeb migrations (was: please allow ltsp 5.0.8debian2 into testing)

On Monday 02 July 2007 16:18, vagrant@freegeek.org wrote:
> please consider allowing 5.0.8debian2 into testing, as it fixes several
> bugs, introduces wonderful new features, and has patiently sat in
> unstable for 15 days without any new problems.

General reminder to RMs: there is currently no reason to prevent libs or
regular packages with udebs from migrating if _needed_ for transitions.
There is also no reason not to allow migration for general packages such
as nano, ltsp, mdadm and others that have udebs.

However, real D-I components should IMO still only migrate when their
functionality has been proven stable, so I'd not be in favor of just
dropping the udeb blocks altogether.

This is in principle valid until the first D-I beta release for Lenny, or
until a new D-I release manager says different :-)

Cheers,
FJP