Re: [RFC, LONG] Proposal: DAK - automated migration of udebs

* Frans Pop (elendil@planet.nl) [070516 12:33]:
> IV Support for new hints
> As migration of udebs will be blocked by default, the following hints
> would be useful to manage migrations:
> - allow-udeb <package>
>   Allow any version of the package to migrate if there are no other
>   blocks and (udeb) dependencies are met. These would be the "permanent"
>   hints mentioned above.
> - unblock-udeb <package>/<version>
>   Allow a specific version of the package to migrate if there are no other
>   blocks and (udeb) dependencies are met. Intention is to set these hints
>   early so packages will often be able to migrate normally.
> - unblock-udeb-all (optional)
>   Having this hint could be useful in the period just after a stable
>   release (as now) when there are many changes in the archive and blocking
>   migrations because of udebs doesn't really make any sense as there is
>   no current D-I release in testing yet.

I would prefer to have a "block-all udeb" (as an analogy to block-all
source), as well as having "block-udeb package" - I don't think britney
should consider something as blocked by default for having a udeb (and
also it is just more consistent).

> The changes in DAK will probably also necessitate changes in other
> services like bjorn.haxx.se and the PTS so that the reasons why packages
> cannot migrate are correctly displayed.

If we use block-hints in a freeze-udeb-file, then these tools will do
the right things "by itself".

Cheers,
Andi
--