Re: [RFC, LONG] Proposal: DAK - automated migration of udebs

On Thu, May 17, 2007 at 03:37:55PM +0300, Anton Zinoviev wrote:
> On Thu, May 17, 2007 at 04:08:47AM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:

> > > Another option would be to make two testing distributions with
> > > independent migration of the packages -- one for d-i and another for
> > > the rest of Debian.  This way we have the benefits of the undisturbed
> > > migration of the debs to testing while in the same time all packages
> > > have sources.

> > Source packages need to be in sync for debs vs. udebs at the time of
> > release, and split migration doesn't ensure that this is possible.

> Having two independent testing distributions means the stable releases
> of d-i do not have to be in sync with the stable releases of Debian.

No, you don't seem to understand that I'm saying that having these bits out
of sync at release time is *unacceptable*.  I don't think it's ok to ship
two copies of glibc in the archive for each release just because it was
inconvenient to get the debs and udebs synchronized properly.