Re: Please schedul binNMUs for avahi and kdesvn (libssp0 transition)

On Fri, Apr 27, 2007 at 09:02:20AM +0200, Laurent Bonnaud wrote:
> avahi is currently not installable in sid:

> # apt-get install avahi-daemon
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree... Done
> or been moved out of Incoming.

> Since you only requested a single operation it is extremely likely that
> the package is simply not installable and a bug report against
> that package should be filed.

>   avahi-daemon: Depends: libssp0 (>= 4.1.1-12) but it is not going to be
> installed
> E: Broken packages

> Rebuilding the package with the latest gcc version is enough to get rid
> of the libssp0 dependency.  So could you please make a binNMU ?

As discussed on IRC, avahi has been taken care of now by way of a sourceful
upload.  The other packages depending on libssp0 have also been binNMUed,
but not on i386 or arm -- the i386 buildd needs its chroot updated first,
and arm does not yet have the new version of gcc-4.1 (which I guess means
these packages aren't uninstallable yet on arm anyway?).