Re: [Pkg-xfce-devel] Xfce plans for the lenny cycle

Le mardi 17 avril 2007 à 06:11 +0200, Steve Langasek a écrit :
> Timeline gaming and other selfish behaviors on the part of individual
> maintainers are a huge reason why Debian has a history of missing its
> release targets by such a wide margin[0].  If you care about timely releases
> and minimizing the out-of-dateness of software at the time of release, the
> responsible thing to do is to be /less/ selfish in response to schedules
> proposed by the release team, not to try to elbow your way past all other
> maintainers for the privilege of being the last uploader of untested
> packages to be included in the release.

I don't think anyone is denying that. However - and I know it's not easy
- we'd appreciate to be informed soon of any expected delay in the
release, so that we can push what is reasonable to push into testing.
The point being to be able to fix more non-RC bugs, especially with new
upstream releases.

--
 .''`.