Election results and releases

I do not know what the various members of the Release
Team think about the election results overall, but from
a release-team perspective the most interesting view of
the results may be the view from the bottom of the
ballot.  As far as I know, the candidate who finished
last this year, 8th of 8, is reasonably well liked in
Debian.  His platform however prominently deprecates
1.5- to 2-year stable releases.  Though some Developers
clearly concur in the deprecation, the general body of
the Developers could hardly more decisively have
rejected that view than it did in this vote.  It seems
to me that the election results can, not unreasonably,
be interpreted as a vote of appreciation by the Project
for the work of the Release Team.  You can and should
feel pleased with that.