Re: X resolution after boot too low. Only after <Ctrl><Alt><Del> correct

ar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I installed Debian Etch with debian-installer RC2 and Xfce.
>
> When I boot the computer, the screen resolution is very low
> on login screen and also on xfce (maybe 640x480 or something).
>
> When I press <Ctrl> <Alt> <Backspace> to restart the X Server, then the
> resolution turns to the right (higher) resolution.
>
> That's needed every time after booting the machine.
>
> My xorg.conf is attached.
>
> I have defined two screens there: one for computer and one for tv out.

Hi,

for me this seens to be an Xserver problem, not an xfce related item. So
it might be OT here.

However not difficult to find out:
What happens when you login to Gnome/KDE/blackbox/icewm, you name
it...., instead of login to XFCE?

kind regards
Eberhard