Re: unfreeze request smstools 3.0.2-4

Hi,

sorry, that I opened another thread. I didn't see that Mark opened one.

Marc 'HE' Brockschmidt' wrote:
> Mark Purcell <msp@debian.org> writes:
>> It is requested that smstools (3.0.2-4) be allowed into etch; debconf
>> translations and bug fixes.
> We are only allowing rc bug fixes in now, so this update
> won't get into etch.

Well, i understand this and this release *does* fix an rc bug.
That is because the package in etch introduced a critical bug in the
upgrade path (which might cause the upgrade from sarge->etch to fail),
which were expected to be resolved in 3.0.2-3 but in reality the last
release has made things worser because of a script error of mine.

So: This release basically fixes this issue (and therefore the upgrade
path from sarge to etch which makes it release-critical) plus adds new
debconf translations that arrived in the meanwhile.

In sight of these arguments i kindly ask you again to unfreeze smstools.

Thanks and best Regards

Patrick