Re: Request freeze exception for illuminator

On Tue, 2007-02-20 at 12:55 -0500, Adam C Powell IV wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-02-08 at 09:54 -0500, Adam C Powell IV wrote:
> > >
> > > Nevertheless, this is a problem that it's your responsibility as maintainer
> > > to resolve if you want the package included in the release.  If you believe
> > > the package should be included in etch without the hppa binary, you need to
> > > ask the ftpmasters to remove the old hppa binary from unstable.
> >
> > Done, thanks.
>
> The file was removed yesterday, so illuminator is all set to enter etch.

> > > The time for this issue to have been resolved was three months ago, before
> > > the targetted release date, not one week ago (or tomorrow, given that hppa
> > > is still not sorted).  illuminator at this point has been gone from testing
> > > for over a year; I'm not likely to take time away from working on release
> > > blockers to consider such an update.
> >
> > I understand fully that my package was not ready by the target release
> > date, and would not have been part of etch had we released on time, and
> > might still not be part of etch.  I did not understand that it takes so
> > much time to do a freeze exception (comparable to fixing a release
> > blocker, apparently).
> >
> > I will make the request again when the ftpmasters have closed bug
> > 410126, and would greatly appreciate it if you could take the time to
> > make the exception at that time.
>
> Please make a freeze exception for illuminator so it can join the etch
> release.

Repeat request: as you make your last rounds of freeze exceptions,
please include illuminator.  It has been ready for a month and a half,
including the removal of obsolete binaries which made it completely
eligible for etch a month ago.

-Adam

http://www.take6.com/albums/greatesthits.html