Re: please hint ps-watcher 1.06-6 for etch

On Fri, Mar 09, 2007 at 03:22:47PM +0100, Jan Wagner wrote:
> please consider upgrade to 1.06-6 as it fixes debhelper scripts which caused
> trouble on upgrading the package.

>  ps-watcher  (1.06-6) unstable; urgency=medium

>    * fix prerm and postinst to prevent trouble when updating

>  -- Jan Wagner <waja@cyconet.org>  Thu, 8 Mar 2007 09:20:58 +0100

I don't get it.  Why are you doing all of this by hand in your maintainer
scripts instead of just using #DEBHELPER#, given that you are already
calling 'dh_installinit -- defaults 40' in debian/rules?

And why are you sourcing /etc/default/pswatcher in your *postinst*, when the
init script itself already does so?

Unblocked because the bugfixes here speak for themselves, but I wouldn't be
surprised to learn that these maintainer scripts are still buggy somehow...