Requesting unblocking of gxine

Could you allow gxine 0.5.8-3 into etch? Several intermittently-triggered
bugs which cause gxine to hang and for which fixes are in 0.5.9 and later are
fixed. No actual bugs are present in the BTS for these, but I would consider
at least some to be important. (If you disagree about severity, whether more
or less severe, I need to know...)

Changelog (rewrapped):

gxine (0.5.8-3) unstable; urgency=medium

  * Various fixes, targetted for inclusion in etch.

  * Patches backported from hg head:
    + Important:
      - Say something useful if the stream couldn't be opened or demux
        failed. Without this, you'll see "Unknown error" for demux failures
        and missing or inaccessible files.
      - Fix a hang should gxine try to report an error while starting up.
      - gdk_threads_leave() was called once too many if xine_open() failed.
      - Reinstate the GDK thread locking around the error display code (due
        to the error hang fix causing a different error hang).
      - Fix a bug in the HTTP handler (sscanf discarded string).
        Without this, gcc reports the following:
          http.c: In function "http_open":
          http.c:502: warning: too many arguments for format
        and the string won't be written to the buffer.
    + Normal:
      - Fixes for when closing the "about" box. (SF bug 1576681)
        Needed to cope well with changes in GtkAboutDialog
        (GNOME bug 333360).
      - Stop repeated errors in case of failure to open the logo image.
        This is not expected to be triggered with etch's libxine1.
    + Minor:
      - Delay signal attachment to avoid possible GTK warnings during
        startup.
      - Stop xscreensaver from blanking the screen while running in
        full-screen mode. (Ubuntu bug 64135)
      - Translation fixups for the xscreensaver patch.

  * Define XSSCMD (xscreensaver-command) at build time, else build will fail
    due to the xscreensaver patch and the lack of a build-dep on xscreensaver.

 -- Darren Salt <linux@youmustbejoking.demon.co.uk>  Sun, 25 Feb 2007 22:21:59 +0000

|   Kill all extremists!

"Chile have three options - they could win or they could lose."