Re: Mozilla codebase releases 1.8.1.2 and 1.8.0.10

On Wed, Feb 28, 2007 at 11:29:13PM +0100, Marc 'HE' Brockschmidt <he@ftwca.de> wrote:
> Mike Hommey <mh@glandium.org> writes:
> > Mozilla has released security updates for its 1.8 and 1.8.0 branches,
> > respectively 1.8.1.2 (for Firefox 2.0.0.2) and 1.8.0.10 (for Seamonkey
> > 1.0.8, Thunderbird 1.5.0.10).
>
> We [1] have talked a bit about the situation for iceweasel. We are
> basically OK with letting the new release in, even if we can't review
> the patches (it's what we have learned to expect from mozilla software),
> but if we are updating the version in etch, it would be nice to fix
> #412418 first. So, would it be OK for you to upload a new version,
> including a fix for this bug (and maybe others, if the patches are small
> and the problems big)?

The fix for #412418 is already in svn. I'm not sure it will happen for
next upload but I'd like to uniformize the patches applied to all the
mozilla packages, which I started to do with xulrunner in version
1.8.0.10-1, which explains some of the new patches applied to it. These
new patches on xulrunner were taken from icedove, iceweasel or iceape
for most of them. I'd like to do the same kind of thing with iceape and
iceweasel before the release, if we have time for this, which is the
reason of [1], which needs to be updated with the latest information
available.

BTW, I uploaded a new version of xulrunner 1.8.0.10-1 with un-fuzzed
patches, and rpath removal on libnss3-tools programs, which also make it
lintian clean. It is in my repository[2]. I'll test it some more until
tomorrow and will upload to unstable if everything looks fine.

If you need assistance in the patch reviewing, I can lend a hand and
explain the rationale behind them if necessary.

Mike

1. http://web.glandium.org/debian/teams/pkg-mozilla/mozpatches.html
It helped identifying what patches should be applied to xulrunner that
weren't already, and tracking bugs to send upstream.
2. http://web.glandium.org/debian/repository/unstable/xulrunner_1.8.0.10-1_i386.changes