Re: Please unblock wide-dhcpv6 20061016-2

On Tue, Feb 27, 2007 at 04:57:11PM -0800, Steve Langasek wrote:
> >  wide-dhcpv6  (20061016-2) unstable; urgency=low
> >
> >    * debian/control: added lsb-base as a dependency.
>
> Why are you adding this as a dependency?  Is this currently a /missing/
> dependency?  There's nothing else in the diff that explains why this would
> be added.

This is a missing dependency. I use /lib/lsb/init-functions in my init scripts.

> >    * debian/patches:
> >      -> Added 01_bugfixes_20061227.dpatch:
> >        + Bug fixes from CVS 20061227.
> >        + dhcp6relay accepts Unique Local IPv6 unicast Addresses.
> >        + Fix an IA allocation failure from pool in dhcp6s.
> >        + Fix "-P" option in dhcp6s.
>
> None of which appear to be major problems in the package today?

The fixes for these upstream bugs are really small and already thoroughly
tested.

> >      -> Updated 02_Makefile.in.dpatch.
>
> Which is a rename of an earlier patch, making review more time-consuming;
> and parts of the original patch are apparently merged upstream (and the rest
> is redundant in light of dh_fixperms).

I didn't know dh_fixperms fixes file ownership as well... I will get rid of this
crappy patch with the next upload.

> This doesn't look like a candidate for a freeze exception to me.

Well, I would not have asked for an upload if I had not received [0]
confirmation that it could be a candidate for a freeze exception.

Regards,

--
Jeremie
                             /* ``Failure is not an option.