Please unblock coreutils/5.97-5.3

Hi,

        please consider allowing coreutils into Etch.  This series of
 NMU's has been done to get coreutils into line with the  SELinux code
 we are shipping in Etch. The patches have been in play in Sid for a
 long time, and we have taken care of any breakages wrt non-linux
 architectures.

        I the problem on the s390 buildd has been diagnosed as a
 kernel bug, and should go away with new kernel images on the buildd.
 I have had no problems building and running the exhaustive test suite
 on raptor.

        thanks,

        manoj

 coreutils (5.97-5.3) unstable; urgency=high

   * This is a non-maintainer upload done with the maintainer's blessing,
     to fix a FTBS bug, and to get the SELinux changes in through to Etch.
   * Bug fix: "coreutils - FTBFS", thanks to Bastian Blank and Andreas
     Barth. The problem is with a build time test suite, which did not
     take into account that there could be two directory names with the
     same inode, which is what happens if there is a bind mount.  So this
     is not anything s390 specific, nor is it a problem with the coreutils
     package itself, just with the build time test.  Applied a version of
     the patch being used by upstream to fix the test.
coreutils (5.97-5.2) unstable; urgency=low

  * This is an follow up non-maintainer upload to fix an issue introduced
    in my last NMU.  This fixes an FTBS bugs when building for non-SELinux
    environments, for example, for non Linux architectures.
  * Bug fix: "coreutils: FTBFS on hurd and kfreebsd: Unguarded usage of
    SELinux code", thanks to Michael Banck. I missed out on guarding
    assignments one.  Rather than use the suggested patch (which adds two
    members to a struct on non-selinux machines that would never get used,
    I went back and corrected the non-selinux patch, since that is the
    correct location to add this fix.  The version of the patch included
    in this version should do the right thing.            (Closes: #396655).

 -- Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@debian.org>  Sun,  5 Nov 2006 16:04:08 -0600

coreutils (5.97-5.1) unstable; urgency=low

  * With permission from the maintainer, this upload (from a non-maintainer)
    updates the SELinux patch, synchronizing with the latest patches from
    fedora core (:pserver:anonymous@cvs.fedora.redhat.com:/cvs/dist,
    repository rpms/coreutils/devel). The patches had to be tweaked for
    Debian. This bring coreutils into compatibility with the latest
    version of SELinux now in Debian.
  * Bug fix: "coreutils: Updated SELinux patch", thanks to Manoj
    Srivastava.  The NMU patch is available in that bug report,
    essentially, this is a minimal change upload.      (Closes: #394287).

 -- Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@debian.org>  Fri, 20 Oct 2006 15:11:27 -0500

--
Authors (and perhaps columnists) eventually rise to the top of
whatever depths they were once able to plumb.  -- Stanley Kaufman