Re: Should language-env be released in Etch?

At Tue, 27 Feb 2007 02:03:12 -0500,
Philippe Cloutier wrote:
> 2 weeks ago I opened 6 bugs againt language-env. 3 of these are at least
> important. I asked in #410612 whether it could be upgraded to serious,
> but the maintainers do not seem to be responsive and did not reply,
> which means these bugs will most likely affect Etch if the release team
> doesn't intervene.
>
> I am not sure whether #410612 should be serious, but please consider
> endorsing the upgrade. If you don't consider #410612 as serious, please
> consider opening a serious dummy bug about the package's general buggyness.

I, co-maintainer of that package, haven't an enough time to maintain
it at this moment. Primary maintainer Tomohiro is mostly MIA.

Although language-env isn't so useable for some languages, especially for
latin languages, it is still helpful for some languages such as CJK.
Feel free to NMU, Philippe, if you'd like. Or if you send me a patch
against source package, I'll apply it.

Thanks,
--
Kenshi Muto