Re: unblock request for io-stringy 2.110-2

On Mon, Feb 19, 2007 at 07:55:40PM +0100, Bart Martens wrote:
> Hi Debian-Release,

> Package io-stringy version 2.110-2 is in unstable.  The differences with
> testing are:

>    * New maintainer.  Closes: #399676.
>    * lib/IO/AtomicFile.pm: Check "close" exit code.  Closes: #409947.  Patch by
>      Eduardo Pérez Ureta <edpeur@gmail.com>, thanks.  RC bug, urgency=medium.

In fact, this is not an RC bug because I downgraded it.

I don't see any real rationale in the bug report for this being a grave bug
in the first place.  How is a call to close *failing*, that not checking its
return value could be such a significant problem?