Re: Please unblock mysql-dfsg-5.0 5.0.32-6 <- ABI problems!

David Nusinow <dnusinow@speakeasy.net> writes:
> On Sat, Feb 17, 2007 at 02:21:53PM +0100, Josselin Mouette wrote:
>> In GNOME, there is a string freeze which forbids such changes for
>> several weeks before the planned release. I think we have no reason for
>> not doing the same in Debian. If we want translated templates, we must
>> not change them every other day, it's as simple as that.
> I'd like to see this too. fwiw, we've had an unofficial string freeze in on
> the Xorg packages for some time now. Given that so many of the unblock
> requests are for translation updates, it'd be great to have the majority of
> those done and frozen before the actual code freeze.

I wonder if we could generate a list of possible hints for translation
updates by running lsdiff in a cronjob, reporting those packages that
only touch debian/changelog and debian/po/*. Shouldn't be too hard to
do, but I'm not sure that it's safe enough to feed it directly into a
hint file. Any opinions?

Marc
--
BOFH #81:
Please me, I have to circuit an AC line through my head to get this