Re: Out of date upgrade-reports page

Noah Meyerhans wrote:
> (resurrecting this thread...)

>>> --> [0] is  http://release.debian.org/upgrade-report.html

>>> That being said, attached is a patch to the current upgrade-report.html page
>>> to add additional information (and do not make it depend on a specific Debian
>>> release). I think it's worthwhile mentioning that the user's should use
>>> script if they want to provide accurate information (the Release Notes
>>> already say this, but stressing this here too might lead to more useful bug
>>> reports)
>> Patch committed.
>
> The page still contains at least two references to woody. See attached
> proposed patch.

I removed the references to woody, I'm not convinced about the other proposed
changes, so didn't apply them.

> Is that page intended to be used as a template while etch is still
> "testing", or after the etch release when people are upgrading from
> oldstable to stable?  If the latter, then it should also be updated to
> refer to the latest stable release notes, rather than
> http://www.debian.org/releases/testing/releasenotes  (I can see how
> one might argue that we no longer need the upgrade reports after etch
> is released, but I don't know that I agree.)

It's always possible to change the template after release ;-)

Cheers

Luk

--
Luk Claes - http://people.debian.org/~luk - GPG key 1024D/9B7C328D
Fingerprint:   D5AF 25FB 316B 53BB 08E7   F999 E544 DE07 9B7C 328D